Domain Authority (DA) is a number that is used to measure the authority of any website. This indicator is also a measure of the credibility and traffic quality that a site gets. A website that has a higher Domain Authority gets more organic traffic. Such sites rank higher in search engine result pages. Though this metric was created by Moz, other firms have created the same type of metrics that measure Domain Authority based on several factors.
Domain Authority score ranges between 0 and 100. The idea to rank domains based on their authority was introduced by one of the founders of Google “Larry Page”. This concept is still used as a method to compute the significance of web pages and websites.
In this post, we will share tips on how to improve Domain Authority. We will also discuss Domain Authority tool that can potentially help to increase Domain Authority.
Domain Authority doesn’t take into consideration any of Google’s penalties. A domain that has been penalized by Google loses its rankings, and this score gets modified frequently. That makes the Domain Authority metric more beneficial for domain comparison purposes than to assess the SEO performance of a website over time.
Domain Authority score is measured on a logarithmic scale of 1 to 100. The websites that have high scores are likely to rank higher in search engine results. It helps determine the competitiveness of a website in a particular niche. It also helps guest posting companies in the strategic selection of keywords. It is computed, based on several factors such as the number of total links, linking root domains, etc.
What Are the Important Factors to Calculate Domain Authority?
To learn how to increase Domain Authority, you will need to first check Domain Authority of your website.
There are several Domain Authority checker tools available online. Bulk Domain Authority check computes the DA score of multiple websites at once with great accuracy and efficiency.
Here is how to compute DA using Moz tool.
- Pull up free Link Explorer tool of This is a trusted Domain Authority checker free tool.
- Type in the URL in the search bar present at the top of the page.
- If you are not a member, then click on Sign up, else log in to your Moz account.
- Examine the data that Moz generates after analysis of your website.
Moz Domain Authority is calculated based on 40 factors.
Some of these include:
- The number of incoming links that point to the website.
- The relevancy and quality of incoming links.
- The quality of the content of the website is another important factor that helps in the determination of its Domain Authority
- Google Social Signals to identify good quality content. Social signals in the form of likes, comments, shares, etc. of content indicate the popularity of the domain.
- The overall SEO performance of a website also affects its DA score.
Factors to Improve Your Domain Authority
A website that has a Domain Authority score between 40 and 50 is viewed to be average. On the other hand, a website that has a score between 50 and 60 is viewed as good, and above 60 is considered excellent. Let us look at some simple steps to improve the DA score.
Make your website SEO friendly
A search-friendly website makes it easier for search engines to crawl and index the website. This, in turn, increases the SERP rankings and eventually increases Domain Authority as well.
Build a Strong link profile
The number of unique backlinks that a website earns impacts Domain Authority. One good-quality external link is more beneficial than having two low-quality links. Earning links from varying sites increases SERP ranking, rather than earning several links from a single website.
Use Moz Rank metric to compute the strength of the external links of the website. Use tools like Semrush and Moz Explorer to remove toxic links. Use MozTrust metric to measure the quality of the external links that a website gets.
Another important way to increase Domain Authority is to reach out to other webmasters so that they know about your business. It will help improve the possibilities of getting links to your site in their articles.
Optimize your page content
The next method on how to build Domain Authority is to start enhancing your on-page SEO.
- Optimized title and description of a page
- Use correct headings (H1 and H2) in the content of your webpage
- SEO Optimize URL structure and permalinks.
- SEO Optimize videos, and images
- Insert keywords in the content
- Add internal links to the content
- Format the content in an organized way, so that it provides more possibilities to rank in featured snippets of Google.
How to Increase Your Domain Authority with Guest Posting Service
Having known the significance of high DA, let us now talk about how to increase my Domain Authority. Guest posting is one of the effective methods to increase Domain Authority. It is done by way of creating engaging and high-quality content. With such content, you will get greater involvement of consumers and followers on social media.
- A good-quality guest post will boost the identity and reputation of your brand. It will also help increase organic traffic visiting your website.
- By writing relevant guest blogs on other high DA websites of the same niche, you can increase the Domain Authority of your website.
- Guest blogging on reputable high DA websites is seen as a great method to develop quality backlinks.
- Links that you acquire by posting on high-authority sites carry significant ranking power. They can drive page authority and Domain Authority of a website.
- Guest blogging is a wonderful technique to get ample valuable brand exposure. It is an effective way to establish trust and engagement of potential customers with the brand.
- The backlinks that you get by posting on reputable sites will steadily increase the Domain Authority of your website.
- When readers enjoy reading your guest post, they will visit your website to learn about your business. Thus, guest posting is good practice to attract genuine traffic and build Domain Authority.
Zoom Wings is a leading Guest Blogging Service provider that has assisted several businesses in enhancing their rankings boosting traffic. They have talented and experienced professionals with a high level of professionalism. Based on the custom needs of their clients, they provide the best quality and economical services that deliver excellent results.
Their proactive customer support assures quick and timely resolution of any client’s issues. They have excellent networks with high authority bloggers and influencers across diverse niches. Their pricing packages are more competitive than most of guest posting companies.
Top Tools to Check Domain Authority
A lot of users want to know page authority vs Domain Authority. Where the Domain Authority determines the authority of the entire website or domain, the Page Authority shows the authority of individual pages of a website.
There are several Domain Authority checker free tools to check the Domain Authority of a website. Moz’s Explorer tool or MozBar free Chrome extension calculates the Domain Authority directly from the source. The tool provides ten free queries every month. After that, the users will need to pay charges to avail of the services.
Another great free Domain Authority tool is Link Explorer. This tool is built inside Moz. All you need is to enter a domain to find out the Domain Authority and the “backlink profile” for different website domains. The tool shows the authority of all those web pages in the website that are ranked high for a given keyword phrase.
The best part is that it computes numerous results, and displays them neatly in a report. Users should use the Mozbar Chrome Extension to see accurate results. For bulk Domain Authority check, install Mozbar.
Now turn it on and start searching for a keyword phrase. Users can see both the website authority data as well as the search engine results, below each search result.
What to Do If Domain Authority Dropping?
It is easy to increase the Domain Authority from 20 to 30, but as you go higher on the scale, the more difficult it becomes to increase it. For example, it may take many years to reach a DA score from 70 to 80.
If you want to know how to build Domain Authority, you will first need to identify the areas for improvement.
Following are some of the good practices that can help increase the Domain Authority of a website.
- Do guest blogging consistently, but ensure top quality and relevancy of DA blogs.
- Provide contributor quotes
- Contribute to round-ups
- Provide testimonials
- Make comments and leave backlinks, but make sure you don’t spam your links in wrong places.
- Pitch articles to the media.
- Submit articles to high metrics directories.
These are some very powerful and result-oriented tactics that may lead you to higher DA and quality links. Implementing these strategies will also benefit the businesses in the long term.
Now let us see what activities would help your website attract links through organic means:
- Link-building campaigns with guest posts are effective marketing campaigns that will increase Domain Authority and help with long term branding.
- Publish superior-quality, relevant and original content and advertise it among webmasters to get greater opportunities for blogging.
- Try other ways such as Twitter chats, FaceBook groups, whitepapers, host live events, organize webinars, sponsor events, podcast, publish original research, eBooks, public speaking, embeddable infographics, appear on TV, connect and network with influencers, write books, advertise your business on websites, affiliate marketing, email marketing, guerrilla marketing, run contests, organize online promotional events, join networking groups, network with marketers, and do email outreach.
Domain Authority is significant in ranking a website on SERP. It is an indicator of the strength and credibility of a website in comparison to its competitors. Use the above mentioned Domain Authority score checker tools to check the Domain Authority of your website. The above tips will help you increase Domain Authority and organic traffic to your website.